Occupational Health & Safety Policy Statement
Atlas Plant Hire is committed to developing and applying effective occupational health and safety (OH&S) systems, standards and practices appropriate to risks associated with its business activities. Atlas Plant Hire delivers its OH&S programme through structured implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety standard OHSAS 18001.
This is enhanced by the Atlas Plant Hire Management system and Atlas Plant Hire’s specific occupational health and safety standards. This programme aims to provide and maintain a healthy, safe working environment and to minimize the risks to employees, contractors, visitors and others who may be affected by the activities of the company, while fulfilling consumer and customer expectations of high quality, safe products.
The commitment to providing a healthy and safe working environment supports the following health and safety principles:
- Provide an environment where work-related health and safety risks are controlled to prevent injuries and occupational ill health.
- Commit to comply with all national government and regulatory OH&S requirements as well as all Atlas Plant Hire territories.
- Implement an effective OH&S management programme integral to ongoing business activities, which will:
- Identify, assess and control risks from known causes of occupational injuries and ill health associated with workplace processes and working environments.
- Ensure that all employees, at every level of the organization, understand and commit to implementation of the Atlas Plant Hire OH&S policies and practices.
- Develop employee OH&S competency through effective training and leadership at all levels within the organization.
- Investigate the causes of work-related injuries and ill health and take action to prevent recurrence.
- Align the requirements of OH&S with all other business disciplines and ensure that they are subject to performance measurement and continuous improvement programmes.
- Include health and safety strategies in the annual business planning process to ensure that the subject remains an integral part of operations.
Atlas Plant Hire will review its progress and policy to ensure our policy remains to the needs of our employees. Atlas Plant Hire will be successful when we achieve our targets and objectives towards our goal of a harm-free environment and that the communities in which we work value and respect our work.